A Dream, The Night
Limerick duo Julianne Murray and Adam Alcock formed in 2016 whilst the pair were studying music production in college, and that established background in their craft is glaringly obvious on shimmering new single, ‘Sick Day’. Their A Dream, The Night moniker is as wistful and enigmatic as the band’s output, flitting between Mount Kimbie-esque lounge tropes and The xx-style confessionals from Murray.
Arriving fully-formed and immaculately produced, ‘Sick Day’ is an impressively strong debut from ADTN, and one which demands a wider audience. With major Irish festival appearances lined up for next year, our bet is for this pair to have a busy year ahead.
A Dream, The Night approached Lemon PR with a view to increasing their reach, promoting their single ‘Sick Day’ and generally raising their profile. After a month of working together, both parties were able to reflect upon:
- News post on ‘Sick Day’ on The Last Mixed Tape blog
- Featured on TLMT’s August Mixed Tape
- ‘Sick Day’ featured as ‘Song of the Day’ on Joe.ie
- ‘Sick Day’ played on RTE 2fm by Dan Hegarty
- ‘Sick Day’ played on Flirt FM by Eoghan Holland
- ‘Sick Day’ featured on Thumped
- Q&A with the band on Merryn Music
- ‘Sick Day’ played on 8 Radio Ireland on John Loftus’ Loftysounds show
- ‘Sick Day’ covered on The Thin Air
- ‘Sick Day’ named as Dan Hegarty’s ‘Track of the Day’